Non Invasive Prenatal Screening (NIPS)
Non Invasive Prenatal Screening (NIPS) also referred to as Non Invasive Prenatal Test (NIPT) is the latest addition to the options for Maternal Screening, and with much higher precision and sensitivity.
NIPS uses the the cell-free DNA fragments (cfDNA) of the fetus, which are floating in maternal blood to detect fetal anomalites such as Trisomy 21, 13, 18 and few other common syndromes.
Using the massive parallel sequencing technology, NIPS provides far greater sensitivity and specificity as compared to the traditional biochemical screening methods (sensitivity of 99 %).
NIPS Test with Illumina NGS Platform and Labassure Confidence
LABASSURE is proud to introduce Serenity – Non Invasive Prenatal Test in association with Genesis Genomics, UK – a Cooper Surgical, USA company.
Serenity is based on the Illumina’s verifi® NIPT platform. Illumina is a world leader in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) technology and the verifi platform is known for the lowest test failure rates. It is also a widely validated and referenced in several scientific publications.
Basic & Advanced Options
LABASSURE provide the following options for NIPS testing
- Serenity – Covering the most common fetal abnormalities – Trisomy 13,18,21 and Sex Chromosome Aneuploidies
- Serenity Plus – additional coverage for Trisomy 9, 16 and selected Microdeletions
The LABASSURE – AGILE Advantage
- Serenity is part of the LABASSURE – AGILE Maternal Screening Program which offers a wide range of technologies to choose from
- The Maternal Serum Screening tests offered by LABASSURE are performed in accordance with the Fetal Medicine Foundation (FMF) and other international guidelines
- The reporting algorithms are fully validated and are in accordance with international standards and published literature
- Options for integrated and sequential screening
- LABASSURE screening programs are further linked with prenatal diagnostic options, providing additional convenience, confidence and guidance to doctors and patients.
- The positive results in the Serenity test are offered a complimentary* invasive test from LABASSURE giving you the extra surety and confidence!!
®© Verifi Prenatal Test was developed by, and its performance characteristics were determined by Verinata Health, Inc. (VHI), a wholly owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc.