Advantages of Chromosomal Microarray Analysis (CMA)
- Detection of a wide range of genetic abnormalities
- Enhanced assessment of the size and content of the chromosomal imbalance
- Reveals hidden genetic complexities that are not detected by standard karyotype analysis
- Detection of microdeletion/duplication syndromes, subtelomeric deletions/duplications, and smaller copy number changes that are not detected by standard karyotype analysis
- Accurate genotype-phenotype correlation
- Can be used in prenatal diagnosis even in the absence of an index case.
- Recommended by American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) and Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM)